What’s more fun than hummus made with pumpkin and white beans along with some tasty snacks like pita chips? You can bring variety in snacks according to your baby’s preference like soft raw vegetables or some sort of soft Indian bread.
- 3 whole wheat pitas
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Pumpkin puree – 1 cup
- Tahini – 2 tbsp
- Kosher salt – half tsp
- Fresh lemon juice – 2 1/2 tbsp
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Ground cumin – 1 tsp
- Smoked paprika – half tsp
- Salt 1/8 tsp
- Rinsed and drained white beans – 1 can
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 400 degree Celsius
- Brush the rough edges of pitas with a little olive oil and sprinkle kosher salt over them. Cut the pitas into half i.e. into 8 wedges; arrange them in a baking dish in a single layer. Bake them for 5 minutes. Then rotate the dishes and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Put the pumpkin puree and all other ingredients in a blender and blend until it turns into a smooth mixture.
Now serve this yummy hummus with these amazing snacks. If the snacks are too crispy for the baby, think of alternate soft options as mentioned before.