Here’s the Home-made food for Christmas, Herb-Crusted Prime Rib, that you can indulge with your invited guests.
- One large shallot, coarsely chopped
- Six garlics cloves, quartered
- Three tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or One tablespoon dried rosemary
- Two tablespoons minced fresh oregano or Two teaspoons dried oregano
- Two tablespoons minced fresh thyme or Two teaspoons dried thyme
- Two tablespoons minced fresh sage or two teaspoons rubbed sage
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Three teaspoons of pepper
- One teaspoons of salt
- One bone-in beef rib roast (about 1.8kg is good enough for size of 10 – 12 pax)
- One and a half cups of reduced-sodium beef broth
- One cup dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- One teaspoon of butter
- Half teaspoon of salt
Here’s what you going to do.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree celcius. Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Rub over roast. Place on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours, depending how you want to make it done. Medium-rare to Well-done)
- Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm; let it stays around 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the broth and the wine to a boil; cook until the liquid is reduced to one cup. Remove from heat, stir in butter and salt. Slice roast and serve with sauce. Yummy!