If you want to give your child dairy-filled, luscious meal in a unique and yummy form, then there is nothing better than a pumpkin soup. Once your child will taste it, he/she will desperately wait for pumpkins every season.
- Two tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- One cup onions, chopped
- Three cloves of garlic, chopped
- Three cups of canned pumpkin
- Two cups vegetable stock (low salt)
- Two tsp sugar
- Half tsp all spices, ground
- Half tsp red pepper, crushed
- One tin of unsweetened coconut milk
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Pepitas, for garnishing
- Take a large and deep pot and heat oil on low-medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic. Stir well until light brown.
- Add pumpkin, vegetable stock, salt, pepper, all spices and sugar. Once the mixture starts boiling, turn the heat low and simmer. Put the lid and cook for half an hour.
- Put the mixture in a blender and blend it nice and smooth.
- Now put it on heat again and stir until it starts simmering again. Add coconut milk to get the required consistency.
- Add salt and pepper, and cook for another few minute.
- Pour the soup in bowls. Garnish with pepitas and slightly rain with coconut milk. Serve hot.
Your kid will very easily consume this bowl of soup. So always make some extra, not to disappoint him/her when he/she asks for more.