Potatoes are mostly served as fries, wedges and mashed serving. Isn’t it a great idea to try them in an altogether new appearance and even better taste? Let’s make coins of potatoes coupled with some more healthy veggies.
- One small potato, boiled and mashed
- Two tbsp cottage cheese, grated
- One quarter cup peas, boiled and roughly mashed
- One tbsp butter at room temperature
- Two tbsp roasted peanuts, grounded
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
- A dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Take a bowl and put in all the ingredients. Mix well.
- Take a little mixture in your hand, smooth and flatten to make a round, coin shape.
- Take oil for shallow frying in a pan. Cook both sides of each coin until light golden.
- Serve hot with raita or any home-made sauce
This is such a simple, wholesome and tasty treat for your child.